Don’t have money to start a business and looking for ways to make money online? Affiliate marketing is one of the best strategies to achieve this.
Read further to discover how you can get started to make money with affiliate marketing from scratch. But first, let’s discover the basic idea behind this.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is the process of you earning a commission by promoting a product or service of a company. There are millions of products and services that are for sale online and most of them have an affiliate program.
With an affiliate program, you can promote a product or service and generate sales for a company. That company will give you a commission for every sale that you generate.
Method and Strategy: How To Do Affiliate Marketing Successfully
1. Find a product that you can promote as an affiliate and a product that is commissionable.
- Look around in your environment at the products that you use and benefit from. Find out if these products have affiliate programs. This way you can start your affiliate marketing.
- Make a list of all these products. Make sure you feel confident about the products, since you will recommend them to others. You can promote physical products, digital products, courses or services.
2. Join the Affiliate Program
- Found the product you can promote? Go to Google and search to see if it has an affiliate program.
- If not, you can for example go to Amazon Associates, clickbank.com or JVzoo.com and sign up for their affiliate program. There are many different marketplaces where you can find products to promote.
3. You need an audience or a list of people to which you can promote this product to
The most valuable things you can have online in a business by far:
- People’s attention: You need to attract people. You need to have a list, an audience or traffic.
- Trust: Be honest about your product and build trust with your audience.
4. Who is your audience? Who is on your list? How to get traffic to your website?
You actually already have a list or audience: Your friends or family, people that might know you on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. People that are already following you in your life and people that trust you, respect you, maybe even look up to you.
Let’s say you don’t want to tap into your friends and family. How else can you get traffic and how can you get it for free?
There are platforms and websites that are 100% free: YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and other websites. You don’t have to pay money to use them.
5. Do a review and share your experience online
Once you’ve found a product that you like and that can benefit people, you write a review and you share your experience online.
Let’s say you just bought a Nikon Z7 camera. You are thrilled about this camera and would like to share your excitement with others. You can create a video in which you share the benefits of this camera, you can share a tutorial, you can write a review and share the pros and cons, … You get the point!
As you can see, there are many options. The good news is that there are plenty of people searching for this kind of online content. These people are buyers who want to know more about a product before buying it.
If they find your review, they can purchase the product by clicking on your affiliate link. When products are bought through this link, you earn a commission from it.
So a short conclusion. It comes down to:
- Creating content around a specific product that people are searching for.
- This product has an affiliate program that you can join and earn a commission from.
- The more people you reach, the more traffic you get, the more you sell, the more money you make.
That’s the process of affiliate marketing and the most basic way to get started.
Just start putting out your content. It does not cost you any money to do it, just some of your time 😊